Friday, February 24, 2012

Vail Colorado

So in Northern California some of the schools get a week off for "ski week". Pretty cool, I might add. So for this ski week we went on Vacation to Vail Colorado. Up in the beautiful Rocky Mountains! I am so a mountain girl. I absolutely LOVE the mountains. We stayed at a beautiful house (friends of Maya and Ned's who we stayed with). It is a log cabin and just lovely! Has a definite wester feel to it and its cozy. I spent many nights sitting by the fire, love fires! We flew in on Saturday and came to a delicious home cooked meal. Sunday I was able to go to church, which I greatly appreciated. It was a branch and half spanish half english. We sang some songs in Spanish. I love singing hymns in spanish! That was pretty neat. Monday I did some adventuring. I went to the pool at the racquet club. I just sat in the hot tub because I had just started to get a pretty bad cold and wanted to steam myself. It was nice! Then I drove around and took some pictures of the mountains and things. Also Monday is when the other families nanny came. Her name is Hillary and she is very nice. We soaked in the lovely hot tub that night :) Wednesday night both me and Hillary had the night off so we went into town. The town of Vail is so cute! I love it. The streets are paved in bricks. I just like that feel. We walked around and I bought my shirt (I collect shirts from everywhere I go) then we went Ice skating on an out door rink. I always wanted to do that, it was fun! Then we went to dinner at this great pizza place, very delicious! Then we went into another part of town and got gelato. It was so delicious. Then we went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought a carmel/snicker apple. MmmMmmm delicious! It was a great night to be able to get out and enjoy the town! (I will say more about the things by the pictures I post) On Thursday Me and Hillary were able to go snow shoeing. I actually really like it and would love to do more of it! We just walked around a golf course so no intense mountain snow climbing but it still was a little workout! Friday I went sledding with Maya, Laney, Ellis, and Alice. It was great to just get out and play in the snow! I LOVE the snow! I am glad I got my snow fix for this year, although I will get it again when I go back to Rexburg for sure! Then we all went into town and went bowling at this amazing bowling place. Very cool place. I like bowling! We then went to dinner and it was delicious! Then just the Segals and me walked around the town at night and got some chocolates. It was a great night! Overall it was a great trip and I am so a mountain person, even though I do love the ocean as well, I think mountains are my favorite :)
This would be Vail. Part of the ski resort is right above those buildings.



This was the beautiful house that we stayed in! 

This was me and Ellis preparing to go on a walk outside. It was chilly so Ellis was very bundled up! I think he looks so cute in that! 

These next few pictures are from Wednesday when me and Hillary went to town. This was right beside the ice rink. There was this sculpture that would change color. It was pretty cool. I find it funny that she took the picture when it was red! Red is my favorite color! 

This is me and Hillary Ice skating

Another cool sculpture by the ice rink. There was a fire in the center of it. 



This would be the delicious pizza we had. Oh man it was sooooooo good!

Me and a big bronze moose! 

Another ice skating rink...

This is the yummy gelato. I got pineapple and white chocolate. They put a big chunk of white chocolate in between the flavors :) 



This was a pretty cool water fountain that was on fire! 


Despite how warm I look here, I was freezing!!!!




This is me at the start of snow shoeing




This shows you how much snow there is. This was Friday when we went sledding and we also went to a play grown and played. Laney actually took this picture. Not to bad! 


pulling Ellis in the sled. He LOVED the snow! 

So in this picture there is a big frozen waterfall...find it?

There it is! There were a lot of frozen waterfalls along the mountains. 


SLEDDING!!





We went in the hot tub...so lovely!


This is at the bowling lane. The coolest bowling lane I have ever been in! 


We found another giant statue! 


This was a great vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment